Food Service


Breakfast is provided FREE OF CHARGE to ALL NC students for the 2023-24 school year regardless of meal status (free/reduced, full pay)!!

The North St. Francois County R-1 School District is happy to have Aramark as our official provider of student nutrition services! If you have questions or concerns over food services provided to your student at any of our campuses, please refer to the Food Service Contact Information section to contact the appropriate staff.

Free/Reduced Meal Application for the New School Year

We encourage ALL families to fill out a Free/Reduced Meal Application each school year. Even if you know you will not qualify, completing the application helps out our district in so many other ways, not just food services. Please read this document to see how that one quick application benefits NC students!

If you completed a Free/Reduced Meal Application before July 1 prior to the new school year, please fill out a new one for the current school year. Do so by logging into your Campus Parent Portal, choose the "More" section, and select the "Meal Benefits" option to submit your application. If you have not established a Campus Parent account, please refer to this document for instructions.

Food Service Contact Information

Food Service Director

Mr. Paul Schulze

573-431-3300, ext. 1015

Food Service Secretary 

Ms. Lisa Turk

573-431-3300, ext. 1016



Full pay: $1.50 Full pay: $2.50 Full pay: $1.75 Full pay: $2.60

Reduced: $.30 Reduced: $.40 Reduced: $.30 Reduced: $.40

*PLEASE NOTE: Amounts for buying extra items (or "a la carte" items) are NOT included in the above prices. An extra charge will be added to your student's balance if / when he or she buys extra food and / or drink(s).

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I deposit money into my student's lunch account and check the balance?

The easiest, most convenient, and effective way to deposit money in your student's lunch account is through the Campus Parent Portal. If you have not established a Campus Parent account, please refer to this document for instructions.

Alternatively, you may also still send cash or check to school with your student. Deposit envelopes are available in each building's office. Students may leave their deposit envelope with office staff to be turned into the cafeteria, or students may directly deliver the envelope to cafeteria staff in the meal line.

What happens to the money left in my student's account at the end of the school year?

Any money left in the student's account at the end of the school year will be available on the first day of school the following year. The funds will also advance to another school in the district as your child progresses through North County R-1 Schools.

How much can a student charge on his/her NC Food Service account?

Students may charge up to $12 on their food service account. Once that amount is reached in negative account charges, the student will not be allowed to get the prepared meal listed on the menu. As an alternative, he or she will be provided a cheese sandwich and milk at no cost to the family until the negative balance is paid and/or paid ahead.

How do I get a refund on the money left in my student's account?

If you need a refund of a leftover or overage balance on your food service account due to a move out of district, graduating student, etc., please contact the Food Service secretary at 573-431-3300, ext. 1016. You may also contact Ms. Lori Kohm at 573-431-3300, ext. 6007.

Alternatively, if a family has another student still enrolled in NCSD, the leftover funds from the departing student's account may be transferred to that other student's balance.

How do I apply for free/reduced meal benefits?

In the Campus Parent Portal, choose the "More" tab on the left side of the screen. In the new menu that opens, select the "Meal Benefits" option and begin the application process as prompted. 

If you have not set up your Campus Parent Portal account, please follow the steps in this document to do so.

Why was my student's application for free/reduced meal benefits denied?

To understand why an application is denied, it is important to know how the application is reviewed. Applications are approved based on federal criteria in three different areas:

If the application does not meet federal income guidelines, or if the application is not correctly completed, then it may be denied. If there is a question, parents are encouraged to discuss the situation with either the director of food services or the food services secretary named above.

Why was my student's meal benefits application selected for income verification?

Federal guidelines require all sponsors of the National School Lunch program to conduct income verification on a pre-selected percentage of all applications on file by October 31 of each year. Applications at the administration office are randomly selected for verification by using district-approved procedures. Within a specified time period, parent/guardians must provide adequate documentation to substantiate income. If information is not provided, the students will lose free/reduced meal benefits.

How does Food Service manage student food allergies and other dietary restrictions?

If your student has a food allergy, please contact your student's building nurse to give notification of the allergy. Each building's nurse is named on the building's homepage. You may click on the nurse's name to send an email, or you may call 573-431-3300, choose the appropriate building, and select to speak with the nurse. Each building's page is linked below.

During the checkout process (at the point of sale [POS] station/register in the cafeteria), an alert or flag may be added to your student's account to notify the cashier of any allergy or special diet. Questions should be directed to the school nurse.

USDA Non-discrimination Statement:
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
1. mail:U.S. Department of AgricultureOffice of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights1400 Independence Avenue, SWWashington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
2. fax:(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.