A+ Coordinatorís Office
7151 Raider Road
Bonne Terre, MO 63628
October 18, 2011
Dear Parent(s) of Students in Graduating Class of 2015 and Beyond,
Greetings! Even though it seems far away, your childís graduation will be here before you know it and, in preparing for that, I would like to keep you informed of changes that have been put into place in regards to A+ Scholarship Program requirements.
The A+ Schools Program was created in 1993 by state law as an incentive for improving Missouriís high schools. The primary goal of the A+ Schools Program is to ensure that all students who graduate from Missouri high schools are well prepared to pursue advanced education and/or employment. If students fulfill set requirements, they can qualify for 2 years of free tuition to select community colleges and/or technical schools. (see list attached).
Below, please see the requirements that are currently in place for students wishing to obtain A+ scholarship funds. NOTE: #11 is the newest addition required by the state and takes effect with the graduating class of 2015.
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
1) Sign an A+ Contract (available in the High School office)
2) Attend an A+ designated school for at least 3 consecutive years prior to graduation.
3) Graduate with at least a 6.875 (2.5 on a 4.0 scale)
4) Maintain a 95% attendance rate over all four years of High School.
5) Perform at least 50 hours of unpaid, supervised tutoring and/or mentoring
6) Maintain a record of good citizenship
7) Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
8) Register for the Selective Service (if male)
9) Have an ACT score of record with the high school, prior to graduation. *
10) Complete North County verification documents before Graduation.
11) Beginning with the graduating class of 2015, score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra 1 EOC**
*If a student is unable, financially, to take the ACT, please see the A+ coordinator for assistance.
** If student fails to meet the Algebra I end of course requirement, you may regain eligibility by completing your first semester at a participating institution with a minimum of 12 hours and a 2.5 grade point average.
If you have any questions about this or anything else related to the A+ program, please contact me at 573/431-3300 x4 x6. For those students in 8th grade, I will be present at the Freshmen Orientation held 2nd semester, if you would like to speak with me then.
Emily F. Bach
North County High School
Community and Technical Colleges
Participating Community and Technical Colleges
Check out the updated
list at the A+ Website: http://www.dese.mo.gov/divimprove/aplus
Check out the updated list at the A+ Website: